MSMSS00005: Operate a Drain Cleaning System (Release 2)
This 2 day nationally accredited course will provide new and experienced candidates with an understanding of current best practice for drain cleaning operations.
It will also provide participants with basic skills, tools and knowledge to strengthen their industry profession, making sure they operate their drain cleaning units safely and efficiently.
The course is designed to meet the Australian & New Zealand High Pressure Water Jetting Standards for Drain Cleaning.
All courses can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Entry Requirements – 2 Day Course
There are no specific entry requirements with respect to knowledge or experience.
Each student must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) which is available free of charge from this LINK
Please download the complete course notes HERE
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Prepare & set up a drain cleaning unit safely
- Identify hazards in drain cleaning environments and implement controls
- Identify and select correct nozzles and tools for various applications in both sewer, stormwater and pipe applications
- Identify nozzle behaviours
- Best practice techniques used for draining cleaners and combination units
- Plan & safely carry out drain cleaning works
- Fault diagnose and troubleshoot units
- Understand basic concepts of pipe flows in sewer, stormwater and pipework
- Maintenance of units and drain cleaning equipment
- Incident Reporting & Investigation
The course is nationally accredited and delivered in partnership with TAFE NSW – (RTO code 90003) for both practical and theoretical components.
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a Statement of Attainment MSMSS00005 Operate a Drain Cleaning System (Release 2), which includes the following units of competencies:
- MSMWJ302 Operate a Drain Cleaning System
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWH200 Work safely
- MEMO9002B Interpret a technical drawing