MSMSS00017: Use High Pressure Water Jetting Equipment
This nationally recognised course is designed for persons who use class B high-pressure water jetting equipment.
Participants will develop their knowledge and skills required to use high-pressure water jetting equipment under the supervision of a competent operator within the water jetting team.
The session is delivered and assessed through both classroom and practical activities.
This course meets the requirements of AS 42331.1: 2013 High-pressure water jetting systems – Safe operation and maintenance, or its authorised replacement and Safe Work Australia Guide for Managing Risks from High-Pressure Water Jetting (December 2013), its, State/Territory equivalent (where one exists) or the authorised replacement.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
2 Full Days (8 hours per day)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in:
MSMSS00017 Use high-pressure water jetting equipment.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand all safety aspects of their high-pressure water jetting equipment.
- Identify various high-pressure water jetting equipment and their pressure and flow rates.
- Pressure and flows; their principles and how they equate to a task and keeping the operator safe.
- Note all the various types of high-pressure water jetting activities, equipment & attachments.
- Understand the expectations as a trainee operator.
- Will understand all the “non-negotiables’ of high-pressure water jetting.
- Comprehend & acknowledge the Why’s, Do’s & Don’ts to keep them, your team, their equipment, the public, other workgroups and client assets safe and protected.
- General duty of care.
- Prepare and work to permits.
- Incident reporting and investigation.
- Hazard identification and risk assessing.
- Common hazards in the work environment.