Use High-Pressure Water Jetting Equipment (Release 1)
Trainright’s MSMSS00017 course is a two-day, nationally accredited course and provides participants to work under the supervision of a competent operator, with insight & understanding of the current Australian High-Pressure Water Jetting Standards 4233 parts 1 & 2 and Safe Work Australia December 2013 Guide For Managing Risks From High-Pressure Water Jetting.
The MSMSS00017 Use High-Pressure Water Jetting Equipment course is a two-day course and will train operators in the basic skills and knowledge of high-pressure water jetting, to enable them to work under the supervision of a competent operator. There is also a requirement to complete 120 hours of on-the-job learning. All of our courses can be tailored to suit your specific business needs.
There are no specific entry requirements with respect to knowledge or prior experience. Each student must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) which is available free of charge from this LINK.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Understand all safety aspects of their high-pressure water jetting equipment
- Identify various high-pressure water jetting equipment and their pressure and flows
- Pressure and flows, their principles and how they equate to a task and keeping safe
- Note all the various types of high-pressure water jetting activities, equipment & attachments Basic nozzle behaviours
- Understand the expectations as a trainee operator
- Will understand all the “non-negotiables’ of high-pressure water jetting.
- Comprehend & acknowledge the Why’s, Do’s & Don’ts to keep them, your team, their equipment, the public, other workgroups and client assets safe and protected
- General duty of care
- Prepare and work to permits
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Hazard identification and risk assessing
- Common hazards in the work environment
The course is nationally accredited. Successful completion of the two-day course will provide participants with a Statement of Attainment.
MSMSS00017: Use high-pressure water jetting equipment (Release 1), which includes the following units of competencies:-
- MSMWJ202 Use High-Pressure Water Jetting Equipment
- MSMWHS110 Follow Emergency Response Procedures
- MSMWH200 Work Safely
- MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit