MSMSS00018: High Pressure Water Jetting System
This nationally recognised course is designed for persons who use class B high-pressure water jetting equipment and are expected to lead the work team.
It includes the technical competence to operate high-pressure water jetting systems in a safe manner and guide assistant operator/s within a high-pressure water jetting team.
The session is delivered and assessed through both classroom and practical activities.
This course meets the requirements of AS 42331.1: 2013 High-pressure water jetting systems – Safe operation and maintenance, or its authorised replacement and Safe Work Australia Guide for Managing Risks from High-Pressure Water Jetting (December 2013), its, State/Territory equivalent (where one exists) or the authorised replacement.
- A minimum of 120 hours of water jetting time.
Please note: A Third Party Report is required to be completed by the student and supervisor to demonstrate evidence of the entry requirement.
- MSMSS00017 Use high-pressure water jetting equipment
1 Full Day (8 hours per day)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in:
MSMSS00018 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Comply with processes, systems, and equipment to the AS Standards 4233. 1&2.
- Comply with work health and safety regulations & general duty of care.
- Selecting the correct PPE & high-pressure water jetting unit applications.
- Increase the awareness of high-pressure water jetting within a wide range of applications.
- Learn how to troubleshoot high-pressure water jetting systems.
- How to monitor job variables and job conditions.
- How to act in the event of a high-pressure water jetting incident or emergency.
- How to select the correctly rated equipment for a high-pressure water jetting system.
- Roles and responsibilities of the high-pressure water jetting team.
- Hazzard controls for high-pressure water equipment and applications.
- Starting and stopping the high-pressure water jetting system.
- Using the correct method of operating and controlling a high-pressure water jetting system
- Safe work practices and non-negotiables of high-pressure water jetting.