Class A High Pressure Water Jetting
This non-accredited course is designed for persons who use class A high-pressure water jetting equipment.
Participants will develop the knowledge and skills required to use high-pressure water jetting equipment for Class A high-pressure water jetting cleaning applications such as pressure washing of plant and machinery, driveways and car parks, brick and tile cleaning, removing graffiti and hydro excavation.
The session is delivered and assessed through both classroom and practical activities.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand and implement calculations to determine the class of high-pressure water jetting equipment.
- Know the process of pre-start checklists and the items to be checked.
- Identify safety items required for a Class A high-pressure water jetting gun.
- Identify potential high-pressure water jetting hazards.
- Identify Class A applications and uses.
- Know the purpose of a gun shroud.
- Identify essential PPE for high-pressure water jetting.
- Understand different types of safety barricades and signs to be used when high pressure water jetting.
- Know the purpose of the emergency stop device and when/how to engage it.
- Understand emergency actions to take in the event of a high-pressure water jetting injection incident.